1910 Biarritz meeting pages updated!

New pages, changed pages!
Anders

Postby Anders » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:33 pm

The March-April 1910 Biarritz meeting was a minor meeting, which clashed with five other European meetings. A couple of planes crashed early and weather was bad, so there was not much flying. The most successful fliers were Alfred Leblanc and Jorge Chávez.

I have tried to gather the little information and the few photos that I've found in reports in the contemporary press - Flight, The Aero, Flugsport, L'Aviation Illustrée, Le Figaro, Le Monde Illustré, La Revue Aérienne and L'Aérophile. You can find the pages here!

You'll notice that there are gaps. If you have any further information or photos to share they're most welcome!

Anders

Anders

Re: 1910 Biarritz meeting pages updated!

Postby Anders » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:41 pm

I made a couple of updates today and added a couple of photos. Still need more information, though...

Anders

Postby Anders » Wed May 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi everybody,

Thanks to François Clement I've received copies from the French magazine "Le Trait d'Union", giving a "new" photo of the Garnier "Olga" and some more (unverified) race numbers. You will find the new "Planes" page here.

There are still lots of gaps to fill in the report of that meeting, so I would welcome further input!

Anders

Anders

Re: 1910 Biarritz meeting pages updated!

Postby Anders » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:50 am

I found some more reports from the meeting in "L'Auto", so I've been able to add some more substance to the "Events" page.

Anders

Return to “Updates on thefirstairraces.net”